As we are marching towards the goal post of GST implementation go – live by 1st week of July , few important points need to be focused and ensured for the smooth migration / transition especially for those using SAP enterprise software solution.
- All notes are updated to the latest version, including the manual configurations.
- All TRs to be imported sequentially.
- Corrections relevant to master data (please follow the latest SAP updated master data field values as per the note: 2462786) are completed and tested.
- Here master affected master data are Material master, Service master, customer master, vendor master, condition record masters and G/L master (New G/L accounts are required for GST accounting purpose)
- LSMW / BDC upload programs are completed and tested before moving it to PRD system.
- By this time you all must have advised the clients about the necessity of creating multiple master data for vendors (Invoicing Party) and customers (bill to the party) per each of their GST registration number. If not done, please do advise the clients.
- Identify these new master data to be created and upload into the PRD system with GST relevant changes, so that the difficulties of creating GST compliant transactions may be avoided from day1.
- Delimit all the existing taxes condition records with the valid to date as 30.06.2017 in a production system, before the go-live.
- Create new condition records for the tax condition types in SD and MM with the valid from date as GST effective date (01.07.2017)
- Assign the G/Ls for all business places and accounting key combination.
- All relevant tax codes are created in the PRD system.
- In STO scenario you must ensure the following:
- Vendor info record is created for all the materials and vendor (plant) combination. The respective tax code must be entered in the info log.
- Sales condition type for STO price (ZSTO or any other condition type that you have created) must be maintained for all the materials for sales invoicing purpose.
We have put together some strong recommendations to ensure a smooth and glitch free GST system implementation and go live.
Find below the list of strong recommendations:
- For the GST enablement function module “J_1G_DATE_CHECK”; create a Z transaction for maintaining the date by the end user. As the effective date in the Dev may be before July, 1st. This will avoid the movement of TRs multiple times.
- Create a front end screen for maintaining HSN/SAC code, which is a configuration step. This may be required as after go-live lot of changes in HSN/SAC are expected. Creating a front-end screen will ease out the maintenance of data and removes the dependency of TR movement. This may act like current transaction J1ID.
- Update the user roles with the new additional transactions and new additional document types, Business Place level authorization or any related objects.
- All the relevant output formats must have been tested with the correct data flow.
- Execute the below two programs in PRD system before posting of first GST related transaction.
- SAPFACCG – Just execute this program, no output will be shown when this program is executed
- RGUCBL00 – Execute this program select all the check boxes with test run mode, if found no errors, remove the test run and re-run the program
Contact us Today and Get GST Ready with YASH Technologies
Praveen Bhoomraogari is a senior technology professional – Program Manager and Mihir Turakhia is a senior Indirect Tax Consultant