Location: Anywhere in East Coast / Mid West
Title: AWS Data Lead
Job Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: DOE + Benefits
USA positions: Candidates who are eligible to work in the USA are encouraged to apply.
- Strong experience developing data solutions using AWS Data services including S3, Glue, Data Pipeline, EMR, RedShift, Athena, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda and other related services
- Lead workshops with many teams to define data ingestion, validation, mining, engineering, modeling, visualization, AI, and analytics
- Strong understanding on AWS data services security practices
- Develop architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Strong Experience with SQL, Python or Scala
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of AWS technology development & architecture
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver complex projects
- Determine Project and solution estimation and participate/recommend team structure definition
- Participate in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Provide end to end vision and hands on experience with AWS Cloud Platform
- Provide vision and leadership to define the core technologies necessary to meet client needs including: development tools and methodologies, package solutions, systems architecture, security techniques, and emerging technologies
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
- Strong communication and client facing skills especially non-technical business users
- At least 6+ years of experience in developing and implementing large scale data processing/data storage/data distribution systems particularly in AWS
- Most recent 2+ years of experience in delivering large scale AWS data Projects
- At least 3+ years in presales and demo using AWS data services
- Should have experience designing service management, orchestration, monitoring and management requirements of cloud platform
- At least 3+ years of experience in migrating large volumes of data using standard AWS automation tools from on premise and cloud infrastructure to AWS
- At least 5+ years of working with large multi-vendor environment with multiple teams and people as a part of the project
- 2+ years of experience with GitHub and other code management toolsets
- Ability to handle multiple projects when needed
Good to have:
- Familiar with any Testing automation tools and technology like Cucumber, Selenium, QuerySurge..etc
- Good to have some familiarities around ODATA restful services
Preferred Skills and Education: AWS Certifications
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.