Building a Sustainable Future with SAP and YASH: The Key to Making a DifferencePublish Date: May 9, 2023
We live in an age where climate change is an undeniable reality. We are seeing climate change happen before us, spotlighting sustainable development through a focus on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations. As such, ESG has emerged as the 3rd Dimension of business growth, complementing traditional metrics of top-line and bottom-line performance to create a so-called “green line.” It is now increasingly urgent for global enterprises to prioritize sustainability as a critical component of their operations.
As per a study by BCG and NASSCOM, assets under management (AUM) for ESG-themed funds have increased from $275 million in FY20 to $650 million in FY21, an apparent 2.5x increase. Customers, employees, and investors have been increasingly moving towards organizations that take proactive measures to deploy sustainable business practices.
How SAP Sustainability Solutions Provide the Much-Needed Impetus
Leading-Edge Technologies are paving a path for sustainable development across industries, and more than 70% of enterprises manage their ESG initiatives using SAP software. Beyond the accepted scope of value creation, SAP aims to embed sustainability into all core business processes by prioritizing operational excellence, regulatory compliance, and responsible innovation for enterprise growth.
The key aspects that make SAP an effective solution for businesses to achieve their sustainability goals include:
1 ) Improved resource efficiency: SAP Cloud ERP is a cloud-based software focused on operations, finance, and human resource management. Its custom features streamline and automate business processes for enhanced resource efficiency through the following:
- Organized data entry: Allowing employees to automatically feed data into different systems, with a lower risk of errors
- Real-time data access: Providing visibility into real-time data for informed and faster business decisions
- Seamless communication: Offering versatile messaging and video conferencing tools to strengthen workforce collaboration
- Automated processes: Automating payroll, invoicing, and project management to save time and eliminate the risk of errors
- Streamlined workflow: Providing a visual representation of workflows to help employees understand their responsibilities and track progress
- Bespoke dashboards: Helping employees customize dashboards to see only the information they need, stay organized, and focus on their tasks
- Mobile access: Giving access to ERP on Internet-powered devices for anytime-anywhere data access
- Advanced reporting: Generating accurate, detailed, and visually rich business reports in minutes
- Enhanced security: Helping employees keep sensitive data secure against unauthorized access and cyber threats
2. Reduced greenhouse gas emissions: Using SAP Product Carbon Footprint analytics, companies can get emission insights on their products by plant, cost, or profit center. The data covers production, raw materials, energy use, and transportation emissions. If a particular product is manufactured at two locations, the organization can compare the data for each activity in the value chain to determine the optimal production site.
3. Enhanced supply chain sustainability: The sustainable supply chain management solutions by SAP enable users to:
- Design products with minimal carbon footprint, planet-friendly packaging, and a responsible end-of-life
- Reduce emissions, source materials ethically, and support circular processes
- Minimize wastage in manufacturing processes
- Optimize logistics to support product traceability and reduce miles driven for a minimal carbon footprint
- Extend the life of plant equipment for maximum usage
4. Stronger stakeholder relations: SAP Strategic Enterprise Management and Stakeholder Relationship Management (SEM-SRM) make communicating business strategy impact on stakeholder value easier, boosting stakeholder confidence. The steps in the SEM-SRM process include the following:
- Identifying stakeholder groups and determining their expectations
- Modeling relationships and trade-offs between the various interest groups while assessing stakeholder expectations
- Integrating the Expectations into business strategy
- Monitoring enterprise performance with analysis of variances and trends
- Building reports for stakeholders and soliciting feedback
- Developing strategic planning scenarios
Several global companies, including NBA, Unilever, Colgate Palmolive, Hitachi, Coop, and Mary Kay have successfully adopted one or more SAP sustainability solutions to make their work practices more environment-friendly and growth-oriented.
Implementing SAP Sustainability for Your Enterprise
Industry and business leaders looking to improve their resource utilization, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve supply chain sustainability, and improve stakeholder relations, can begin their journey by discussing their current challenges and business goals with an SAP Sustainability expert. As a certified SAP partner, YASH Technologies helps companies move past the outdated technologies of their legacy system to seize new opportunities with SAP sustainability solutions.
While meeting the diverse requirements of our clients and partners, YASH Technologies’ focus is also on minimizing risks and costs. As a trusted SAP partner, we help select an appropriate software base for the specified purpose, develop and execute a program implementation schedule, cleanse the data to be processed, and keep everyone informed on the progress as we implement the solution.
Future of SAP Sustainability
As concerns over climate change continue to gain mind share, enterprises of all sizes must rethink their business practices. They must also comply with evolving government regulations to lower their carbon footprint. In most regions today, documenting the environmental impact of operations is as important as publishing financial statements. Therefore, investing in the right platforms for sustainability management is essential.
The constant innovations in SAP Sustainability solutions and their positive impact on ESG show how such technologies redefine business success. SAP connects sustainability metrics to performance and helps companies progress toward compliance and changing regulatory standards. Additionally, it allows users to navigate by data as they try to shrink the carbon impact of their products and services while improving value for stakeholders and building a better customer experience.
How can YASH help?
YASH Technologies is at the forefront of leveraging technology to help its clients achieve measurable business outcomes. Our SAP Sustainability offerings for your organization include Safe@Work, Regulatory Documentation, SafetyOne, SAP EHS Management, and SAP Product Safety & Stewardship.
If you would like to learn more about how you can move from your legacy business practices and implement intelligent tools for future-ready sustainable development, write to us at (firstname.lastname@example.org)